Fri, Feb 25|
Bonners Ferry, ID
Intermediate Wilderness Survival (2- Nights)
Intermediate wilderness survival will build upon basic wilderness survival skills in more austere environments for longer periods of time. Course will begin with a lesson on map study and route selection to get to base camp and will carry on through fire, water , shelter, & food procurement.
Time & Location
Feb 25, 2022, 2:00 PM PST – Feb 27, 2022, 2:00 PM PST
Bonners Ferry, ID, 6452 S Main St, Bonners Ferry, ID 83805, USA
About the Event
Intermediate wilderness survival will build upon basic wilderness survival skills in more austere environments for longer periods of time. Course will begin with a lesson on map study and route selection to get to base camp and will carry on through fire, water , shelter, food procurement, first aid, and improvised transport. Throughout the course students will be field testing their personal gear, evaluating what works or does not, as well as being instructed on skills that allow them to survive in a wilderness environment. Instruction is given through verbal explanation, physical demonstration, and lastly through student practical application. A culminating exercise will be carried out at the end of the event to provide every student an opportunity to perform skill sets learned during the course while in a semi-stressful environment.
This event will be entirely conducted in austere conditions and INCLUDES TWO OVER NIGHTS DURING THE EVENT.
Students will cover:
- Methods to create fire
- Varied and effective shelter
- Water procurement
- Signaling for rescue
- Safety and planning of short term survival situations
- Introduction to food procurement towards longer term survival
- and many other skills
Students will walk away with the basic skills and high confidence to survive in a frigid environment until rescue can arrive.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR ENTRY
Ticket printout or Digital Ticket, Valid ID
DRESS CODE/SUGGESTED ATTIRE
You will be outdoors on uneven ground, gravel, and in snowy woodland conditions. Wear comfortable but full size winter boots, full-length pants, and appropriate outerwear. Wear or bring layers as the weather will change throughout the event.
PACKING LIST/GEAR LIST
- Photo ID
- We will keep the ticket sales open until the start of the event.
- Hydration Bladder: 3L recommended
- Snow Jacket
- Belt -worn or extra in pack
- Tent, ground tarp, and sleeping pad. (Personal Preference)
- Sleeping bag for below freezing temperatures
- Eating utensils – bowl, plate, flatware
- Water bottle – minimum one-quart or liter - NO GLASS.
- Steel container–Non vacuum sealed container or military style canteen cup
- Knife - non-folding, 4-6” fixed blade preferred.
- Flashlight or headlamp – with extra batteries
- Towel – we do not provide hand or bath towels
- Toilet kit – personal hygiene biodegradable products, toilet paper, personal medication
- medical kit - band aids, triple antibiotic cream, gauze, tape
- Dark glasses
- Clothing – For winter white out conditions
- Footwear – sturdy all-terrain boots for comfort and safety(Goretex prefferred)
- Hat – snow/warmth
- Bandanna - uses vary
- Gloves/mittens for cold/wet snowy conditions.
- Large pack or backpack
- Compass – lensatic style
- Map of the area. (We supply map)
- 550 Cord (20 Feet minimum)
- Eye Protection (Clear Lens Only)
- Pace count beads
- Fire Starting kit
- Emergency Whistle
- Waterproof bags to waterproof backpack contents
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Dogs are not allowed.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- Please contact us with any questions.
EVENT CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY
Range University limits our class sizes to provide an unparalleled and individualized experience for each of our students. To do this we require prepayment and preregistration for all training classes and courses.
In order to provide our classes, we must commit resources, assign instructors, arrange classroom/range availability and incur other costs associated with the class. These commitments are not reduced when fewer students attend. Additionally, we many times do not have space for everyone that may want to participate in a scheduled session and therefore must turn away students who wish to sign up.
The weather may also be a factor uncontrollable by Range University and the session may need to be canceled or rescheduled.
Intermediate Survival Event
+$6.25 service fee
+$6.25 service fee0