Sat, Jun 24|
Maryland Wear & Carry Course
We offer a state-approved firearms safety training course specially crafted to fulfill the requirements of the Handgun Qualification License (HQL). You will be certified for application for a concealed carry permit in Maryland and Arizona.
Time & Location
Jun 24, 8:30 AM EDT – Jun 25, 4:00 PM EDT
Salisbury, MD, 2445 St Lukes Rd, Salisbury, MD 21804, USA
About the Event
About the Event - Must Read ALL
We offer a state approved firearms safety training course specifically crafted to fulfill the requirements of the initial and renewal Maryland Wear and Carry permit and the Handgun Qualification License (HQL).
You will be certified for application for both, the wear and carry permit and the HQL in Maryland.
Students may also test to apply for their Florida concealed carry permit.
Students interested in applying for their Maryland Wear and Carry permit must have their Maryland LiveScan fingerprints completed before attending the class.
Students must meet all requirements of MDSP before attending the course.
Day 1: Students will cover topics that include MD Laws, home storage, parts and mechanics of pistols, situational awareness, de-escalation and avoidance, pistol handling skills, dryfire practice techniques, and various equipment discussions.
Day 2: Review of all safety, skills and dryfire techniques. Learn and apply skills in live fire situations focused on the defensive use of a firearm. Live fire testing for the MD and NRA portions of the classes.
Instructors are NRA certified.
Course Duration: 16 hours – (2) x 8 Hour Days (Saturday and Sunday)
Course Cost: $285.00
Course Goal: The goal of this course is for you the citizen to gain credit needed to apply for a Concealed Carry permit in the State of Maryland.
Course Prerequisites: NONE
Course Completion: Completion of the course does NOT gaurenatee a certificate. All course standards must be successfully acehived to receive the approved certificate of completion
- Application requirements
- Introduce and Review Safe Gun Handling Rules
- Pistol Parts and Operation
- Ammunition knowledge and selection
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Holster selection
- Maryland Firearms Laws
- Use of Deadly Force
- Interactions with law enforcement
Live fire session
- Demonstrate Safety principles
- Demonstrate Marksmanship Skills
- Course Live Fire Standards: Must score 70% or greater on silhouette target from no greater than 15 meters.
COURSE PACKING LIST:
- Firearm: We suggest a full or compact size semi-automatic pistol from a reputable manufacturer, chambered in at least 9mm.
- Holster: We suggest OWB – Kydex or leather holsters that are specifically designed for your exact firearm model.
- (NO Cross Draw, NO Appendix Carry, and NO Shoulder Holsters)
- Pistol with at least 2 Magazines
- Magazine Holders/Caddy
- Pistol Manufacturer Safety Manual (Can be downloaded online or to your phone)
- Ammunition at least 200 rounds of ball ammo. No reloads or personally loaded ammo
- Appropriate clothing, Wear long pants with belt (No sandals or open toed shoes)
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection
- Food for snacks and lunch
- Water supply for 12 hours +
RECOMMENDED INVENTORY LIST
- Gloves (our suggestion, baseball batting gloves)
- Comfortable shoes
BREAKS / MEALS:
- Lunch – Breaks will be given for lunch which you are expected to provide food for yourself.
- The ticket price for this training day is $285.00
- 21 yrs of age or older
- NO REFUNDS. In order to provide our classes, we must commit resources, assign instructors, arrange classroom/range availability, and incur other costs associated with the class. These commitments are not reduced when fewer students attend. Additionally, we many times do not have space for everyone that may want to participate in a scheduled session and therefore must turn away students who wish to sign up. AN EVENT CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED FOR A SIMILIAR EVENT.
+$7.13 service fee
For new gun owners in the State of Maryland, this is where your journey begins. We offer a state-approved firearms safety training course specially crafted to fulfill the requirements of the Handgun Qualification License (HQL).
+$7.13 service fee0