Sat, Apr 23|
Racine County Line Rifle Club
Precision Rifle 101 (2-day)
Precision rifle 101 lays a foundation of skills and knowledge to safely and responsibly grow as a long-range rifle shooter. Emphasis is placed on the fundamentals of marksmanship and equipment knowledge for the beginner shooter.
Time & Location
Apr 23, 2022, 8:30 AM – Apr 24, 2022, 4:30 PM
Racine County Line Rifle Club, 8922 Rifle Range Rd, Racine, WI 53402, USA
About the Event
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW
Students will set up their equipment and learn the capabilities and limitations of each type of rifle system. Students will leave the course with a firm grasp of these concepts enabling them to focus on position and the environmental influences that affect a shooter's ability to place a round where they intend.
This course is a two-day course designed for the beginner to intermediate marksman, but it is positively encouraged and recommended for those who have had little or no formal training to attend. We promote a friendly and professional coaching environment that puts new shooters at ease. Range University specializes in making students comfortable while providing you the best learning environment possible. A fast-paced course, it will begin with firearms safety and rapidly transition into equipment comprehension, fundamentals of marksmanship, basic ballistics, wind reading, range estimation, mover targets and target engagements from 500-1000+ yards. Students that complete the course will have a proficiency in firearm safety, marksmanship fundamentals, a combined knowledge of their capabilities with their equipment, and systematic training methods for future progression.
Key Topics Covered:
- Equipment set up and care
- Building your position, fundamentals of marksmanship, trigger control, recoil management
- Introduction to spotting and wind reading
- Employing common reticules for range estimation
- Understanding MOA and milliradian adjustments
- Introduction to internal and external ballistics
- Data gathering out to 1000 yards
Round Count Breakdown: 220
Zero test and initial diagnostic (10 rounds)
Fundamentals of marksmanship (20 rounds)
Scope adjustment exercise (10 rounds)
Ballistic diagnostics. (20)
Range estimation exercise (20 rounds)
Wind (10 shots)
Positional diagnostic (20 rounds)
Field exercises (70)
Total (minimums): 220
Precision Rifle (Bolt Action or semi-automatic) with minimum 10x scope zeroed at 100y
Two 10 round magazines
250 rounds of match grade ammunition
Hearing Protection - Electronic recommended
Shooting mat or pad
Clothes for hot and cold weather
Minimum 32oz water
Databook or Notebook and pencils
Ballistic calculator (on phone or handheld)
Camp Chair or Lawn Chair
Not Required Gear, But Recommended:
Laser range finder
- 18 yrs of age or older.
- NO REFUNDS. In order to provide our classes, we must commit resources, assign instructors, arrange classroom/range availability, and incur other costs associated with the class. These commitments are not reduced when fewer students attend. Additionally, we many times do not have space for everyone that may want to participate in a scheduled session and therefore must turn away students who wish to sign up. AN EVENT TRANSFER CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN FOR A SIMILARLY PRICED COURSE.
Precision Rifle - 101
+$13.20 service fee
This ticket admits one to the Precision Rifle 101 course.
+$13.20 service fee0