Sat, Aug 07|
Chehalis, WA, USA
Wilderness Survival 101 (PNW)
The Wilderness Survival 101 class will go into detail how to survive in a temperate rainforest environment until you either are rescued or can make your own recovery.
Time & Location
Aug 07, 2021, 9:00 AM – Aug 08, 2021, 12:00 PM
Chehalis, WA, USA, Chehalis, WA 98532, USA
About the Event
Wilderness Survival 101 (Rainforest) course will cover basic survival skills necessary to establish a foundational level of skills in order to survive in a pacific temperate climate. This event will be entirely conducted in austere conditions and is an OVERNIGHT EVENT.
Students will cover:
- Methods to create fire
- Varied and effective shelter
- Water procurement
- Signaling for rescue
- Safety and planning of short term survival situations
- Introduction to food procurement towards longer term survival
- and many other skills
Students will walk away with the basic skills and high confidence to survive in a frigid environment until rescue can arrive.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR ENTRY
Ticket printout or Digital Ticket, Valid ID
DRESS CODE/SUGGESTED ATTIRE
You will be outdoors on uneven ground, gravel, and in snowy woodland conditions. Wear comfortable but full size winter boots, full-length pants, and appropriate outerwear. Wear or bring layers as the weather will change throughout the event.
PACKING LIST/GEAR LIST
- Photo ID
- We will keep the ticket sales open until the start of the event.
- Hydration Bladder: 3L recommended
- Wet weather Jacket
- Belt -worn or extra in pack
- Tent, ground tarp, and sleeping pad. (Personal Preference)
- Sleeping bag for moderate and wet environments
- Eating utensils – bowl, plate, flatware
- Water bottle – minimum one-quart or liter - NO GLASS.
- Steel container–Non vacuum sealed container or military style canteen cup
- Knife - non-folding, 4-6” fixed blade preferred.
- Flashlight or headlamp – with extra batteries
- Towel – we do not provide hand or bath towels
- Toilet kit – personal hygiene biodegradable products, toilet paper, personal medication
- medical kit - band aids, triple antibiotic cream, gauze, tape
- Dark glasses
- Clothing – For winter white out conditions
- Footwear – sturdy all-terrain boots for comfort and safety(Goretex prefferred)
- Hat – snow/warmth
- Bandanna - uses vary
- Gloves wet conditions.
- Large pack or backpack
- Compass – lensatic style
- Map of the area. (We supply map)
- 550 Cord (20 Feet minimum)
- Eye Protection (Clear Lens Only)
- Pace count beads
- Fire Starting kit
- Emergency Whistle
- Waterproof bags to waterproof backpack contents
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Dogs are not allowed.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Hard liquor is not allowed.
- Please contact us with any questions.
EVENT CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY
Range University limits our class sizes to provide an unparalleled and individualized experience for each of our students. To do this we require prepayment and preregistration for all training classes and courses.
In order to provide our classes, we must commit resources, assign instructors, arrange classroom/range availability and incur other costs associated with the class. These commitments are not reduced when fewer students attend. Additionally, we many times do not have space for everyone that may want to participate in a scheduled session and therefore must turn away students who wish to sign up.
The weather may also be a factor uncontrollable by Range University and the session may need to be canceled or rescheduled.
You acknowledge and agree that in the event you are unable to attend the scheduled session a refund will only be given when notice is provided of your need to cancel two weeks prior to the scheduled session. This may allow others to attend in your place.
In the event, you are unable to attend the session and unless notice is provided you will be able to reschedule to attend another scheduled session, but no refunds can be provided.
Individuals that do not show up for the scheduled class and do not provide notice prior to the class, agree to forfeit their fees and ability to reschedule.
If the event is canceled, we will transfer your tickets to an event of similar price. Contact us if you have any issues with rescheduling your event. your understanding and the reason behind this policy.
By registering and paying for a session means that you fully understand and accept Range University’s refund policy.
Wilderness Survival 101
+$6.88 service fee
This ticket admits one to the Wilderness Survival 101 PNW event.
+$6.88 service fee0