Sat, May 28|
Unlike the concepts and practices of ‘wilderness survival’, ‘urban survival’ is more dynamic and goes far beyond the scope of actual surviving to live but to thriving while living. It still takes place in jungles, the concrete jungles.
Time & Location
May 28, 2022, 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM MDT
Boise, Boise, ID, USA
About the Event
Urban survival prepares students for circumstances that may arise during natural disasters or otherwise in an urban environment. This course is designed to instruct specific considerations for the urban environment. Course will instruct students on go bags/car bags, fire/water/shelter in urban environments, navigation in unfamiliar environments, considerations while moving within potentially hostile environments, counter illegal detention, improvised tools, first aid, and food procurement. Instruction is given through verbal explanation, physical demonstration, and lastly through student practical application. A culminating exercise will be carried out at the end of the event to provide every student an opportunity to perform skill sets learned during the course while in a semi-stressful environment.
DRESS CODE/SUGGESTED ATTIRE
You will be outdoors on uneven ground, concrete, and in urban settings. Wear comfortable but durable shoes, full-length pants, and appropriate outerwear. Wear or bring layers as the weather will change throughout the event.
PACKING LIST/GEAR LIST
- Photo ID
- Headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Wet weather Jacket/Shell
- Belt -worn or extra in pack
- Water bottle – minimum one-quart or liter - NO GLASS
- Steel container or Military Style Canteen Cup Non vacuum sealed container
- Knife - non-folding, 4-6” fixed blade preferred.
- Medical kit - band aids, triple antibiotic cream, gauze, tape
- Footwear – Boots or sneakers (What you would usually wear)
- Hat – Ball cap or beanie for comfort
- Bandanna - uses vary
- Large pack or backpack
- Bic Lighter (1 each)
- Ferrocerium Rod (1 each)
- 9V Battery (1 each)
- 0000 or 000 Extra Fine Steel Wool (1 package) Store away from all batteries
- Metal Can (1 each) - Empty coffee can, empty soup can, etc.
- 550 Cord (20 Feet minimum)
- 18 inch Heavy Duty Zip Ties (10 each)
- Duct Tape/Gorilla Tape (1 roll)
- 50-gallon contractor bag (1 each)
- Waterproof bags to waterproof backpack contents.
OPTIONAL - Your personal "Go Bag" or vehicle Kit Bag
BREAKS / MEALS:
- Food – Breaks will be given for food which you are expected to provide food for yourself.
- The ticket price for this training day is $175.00
- 15 yrs of age or older.
- NO REFUNDS. In order to provide our classes, we must commit resources, assign instructors, arrange classroom/range availability, and incur other costs associated with the class. These commitments are not reduced when fewer students attend. Additionally, we many times do not have space for everyone that may want to participate in a scheduled session and therefore must turn away students who wish to sign up. AN EVENT TRANSFER CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN FOR A SIMILARLY PRICED COURSE.
This ticket admits one person